Punjab, Haryana suffer brunt of heat, humidity
Chandigarh: The maximum temperature in almost all parts of Punjab and Haryana hovered above normal.
Narnaul in Haryana braved a hot day recording a high of 39.5 degree Celsius, up by four notches, the MeT said here.
Bhiwani and Rohtak also experienced sweltering weather with highs of 38.4 deg C and 36.3 deg C. Hisar recorded 38.3 deg C, three notches above normal.
Chandigarh recorded 32.2 deg C. Ambala and Karnal recorded maximums within normal limits at 32.7 deg C and 31 deg C.
High humidity prevailed in Amritsar where the maximum settled at 36.4 deg C.
Ludhiana and Patiala`s respective maximums were 33.1 deg C and 32.6 deg C.
The MeT has forecast light to moderate rain or thunder showers at few places in the two states tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death