Punjab, Haryana suffer brunt of heat, humidity
Chandigarh: The maximum temperature in almost all parts of Punjab and Haryana hovered above normal.
Narnaul in Haryana braved a hot day recording a high of 39.5 degree Celsius, up by four notches, the MeT said here.
Bhiwani and Rohtak also experienced sweltering weather with highs of 38.4 deg C and 36.3 deg C. Hisar recorded 38.3 deg C, three notches above normal.
Chandigarh recorded 32.2 deg C. Ambala and Karnal recorded maximums within normal limits at 32.7 deg C and 31 deg C.
High humidity prevailed in Amritsar where the maximum settled at 36.4 deg C.
Ludhiana and Patiala`s respective maximums were 33.1 deg C and 32.6 deg C.
The MeT has forecast light to moderate rain or thunder showers at few places in the two states tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar