Punjab, Haryana suffer brunt of heat, humidity
Chandigarh: The maximum temperature in almost all parts of Punjab and Haryana hovered above normal.
Narnaul in Haryana braved a hot day recording a high of 39.5 degree Celsius, up by four notches, the MeT said here.
Bhiwani and Rohtak also experienced sweltering weather with highs of 38.4 deg C and 36.3 deg C. Hisar recorded 38.3 deg C, three notches above normal.
Chandigarh recorded 32.2 deg C. Ambala and Karnal recorded maximums within normal limits at 32.7 deg C and 31 deg C.
High humidity prevailed in Amritsar where the maximum settled at 36.4 deg C.
Ludhiana and Patiala`s respective maximums were 33.1 deg C and 32.6 deg C.
The MeT has forecast light to moderate rain or thunder showers at few places in the two states tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday