Punjab, Haryana sweat under intense heat
Chandigarh: Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday sizzled under intense heat, with Amritsar turning out to be the hottest in the two states at 44 deg C.
Amritsar in Punjab was hotter by four degrees than normal limits, the MeT said here.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded identical day temperature of 42.9 deg C each, up by three and four notches respectively.
The mercury settled at 42.3 deg C in Chandigarh, three above normal and over two notches more than the yesterday`s temperature.
In Haryana, residents of Hisar sweat at 43.5 deg C, up two degrees, while the high settled in Rohtak and Bhiwani at 43.3 deg C and 42.6 deg C.
Ambala and Karnal also experienced sweltering heat at 42.5 deg C and 42.2 deg C, respectively.
The MeT has forecast that heat wave conditions will continue to prevail in most places in the region tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report