Punjab, Haryana sweat under intense heat
Chandigarh: Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday sizzled under intense heat, with Amritsar turning out to be the hottest in the two states at 44 deg C.
Amritsar in Punjab was hotter by four degrees than normal limits, the MeT said here.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded identical day temperature of 42.9 deg C each, up by three and four notches respectively.
The mercury settled at 42.3 deg C in Chandigarh, three above normal and over two notches more than the yesterday`s temperature.
In Haryana, residents of Hisar sweat at 43.5 deg C, up two degrees, while the high settled in Rohtak and Bhiwani at 43.3 deg C and 42.6 deg C.
Ambala and Karnal also experienced sweltering heat at 42.5 deg C and 42.2 deg C, respectively.
The MeT has forecast that heat wave conditions will continue to prevail in most places in the region tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!