Punjab, Haryana sweat under intense heat
Chandigarh: Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday sizzled under intense heat, with Amritsar turning out to be the hottest in the two states at 44 deg C.
Amritsar in Punjab was hotter by four degrees than normal limits, the MeT said here.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded identical day temperature of 42.9 deg C each, up by three and four notches respectively.
The mercury settled at 42.3 deg C in Chandigarh, three above normal and over two notches more than the yesterday`s temperature.
In Haryana, residents of Hisar sweat at 43.5 deg C, up two degrees, while the high settled in Rohtak and Bhiwani at 43.3 deg C and 42.6 deg C.
Ambala and Karnal also experienced sweltering heat at 42.5 deg C and 42.2 deg C, respectively.
The MeT has forecast that heat wave conditions will continue to prevail in most places in the region tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister