‘Punjab Health dept vacant posts to be filled up’
Chandigarh: Punjab government is committed to providing world class health facilities in the state and would fill up vacant posts in the health department, said Health and Family Welfare Minister Madan Mohan Mittal on Tuesday.
Assuming his office at the Punjab Civil Secretariat here, Mittal said a special cell would be created to seek suggestions from all over the state to improve the health facilities.
The vacant posts in the health department would be filled
up on a priority basis under a special plan, the minister
To ensure the presence of doctors and other staff in hospitals and primary health centres, especially in villages, he said, a special drive would be launched soon.
Medicines would be provided to the common man at reasonable prices and for that the process of purchase of medicines would be made more transparent, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir