‘Punjab Health dept vacant posts to be filled up’
Chandigarh: Punjab government is committed to providing world class health facilities in the state and would fill up vacant posts in the health department, said Health and Family Welfare Minister Madan Mohan Mittal on Tuesday.
Assuming his office at the Punjab Civil Secretariat here, Mittal said a special cell would be created to seek suggestions from all over the state to improve the health facilities.
The vacant posts in the health department would be filled
up on a priority basis under a special plan, the minister
To ensure the presence of doctors and other staff in hospitals and primary health centres, especially in villages, he said, a special drive would be launched soon.
Medicines would be provided to the common man at reasonable prices and for that the process of purchase of medicines would be made more transparent, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast
- Meet the graduates! Aryan Khan and Navya Naveli Nanda celebrate freedom like stars—View pics
- Watch: 'Smart' walking stick that can help Parkinson's sufferers regain rhythm!
- Shocking: DFO owns luxurious swimming pool as Sukma craves for water
- SC to hear plea seeking water supply ban to Maharashtra breweries