Punjab: Heroin worth Rs 3 cr seized; 4 held
Jalandhar: Four persons were arrested in separate incidents after heroin worth Rs three crore in the international market was seized from their possession, police said Saturday.
Joga Singh, Amarjeet Singh and Neeraj were arrested near Gadda Road yesterday and 300 gram heroin recovered from them, Additional Deputy Commissioner (Crime) Naresh Kumar Sharma told reporters here.
During interrogation, the trio told police that they had received the drug from one Sonu of Kapurthala village.
In another incident, police seized 250 grams heroin from Surjeet Singh, native of Jugral village, yesterday.
All four have been booked under the NDPS Act, Sharma said adding, the total heroin seized was worth Rs 3 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says