Punjab: Heroin worth Rs 3 cr seized; 4 held
Jalandhar: Four persons were arrested in separate incidents after heroin worth Rs three crore in the international market was seized from their possession, police said Saturday.
Joga Singh, Amarjeet Singh and Neeraj were arrested near Gadda Road yesterday and 300 gram heroin recovered from them, Additional Deputy Commissioner (Crime) Naresh Kumar Sharma told reporters here.
During interrogation, the trio told police that they had received the drug from one Sonu of Kapurthala village.
In another incident, police seized 250 grams heroin from Surjeet Singh, native of Jugral village, yesterday.
All four have been booked under the NDPS Act, Sharma said adding, the total heroin seized was worth Rs 3 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest