Punjab: Heroin worth Rs 3 cr seized; 4 held
Jalandhar: Four persons were arrested in separate incidents after heroin worth Rs three crore in the international market was seized from their possession, police said Saturday.
Joga Singh, Amarjeet Singh and Neeraj were arrested near Gadda Road yesterday and 300 gram heroin recovered from them, Additional Deputy Commissioner (Crime) Naresh Kumar Sharma told reporters here.
During interrogation, the trio told police that they had received the drug from one Sonu of Kapurthala village.
In another incident, police seized 250 grams heroin from Surjeet Singh, native of Jugral village, yesterday.
All four have been booked under the NDPS Act, Sharma said adding, the total heroin seized was worth Rs 3 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal