Punjab is the most `corrupt` state in country: Manpreet Badal
Jalandhar: Terming Punjab as the most `corrupt` state in the country, People`s Party of Punjab leader Manpreet Badal accused the state finance minister of acting as merely the `munim` (accountant) of the government.
"Punjab is the most corrupt state in the country. The people looting the state are being actively shielded by the ministers," said Manpreet Badal, the former state finance minister.
He was speaking to reporters after the ending of the two day `Chintan Shivir` of his party here today.
Terming the state economy as `weak` the former minister said the finance minister alone can`t be blamed as he was helpless and doesn`t have any powers.
`The finance minister can`t be blamed for the sorry condition of state exchequer. He maybe the only finance minister in the country who doesn`t have the Excise and Taxation division under him. He is merely acting as the `munim` (accountant) of the government,` he added.
He claimed that the state will be under more than one lakh crore debt by the year end, adding, the government needs to regulate its expenses and end the VIP culture in the state.
Blasting the SAD-BJP government for its recent `Chintan Shivir` in Goa, he said the employees are not getting their wages while those in power are enjoying "leisure trips".
"Petrol and electricity are very expensive in the state, and even then excessive VAT is being levied on them," he said.
On the issue of electing the Lokayukta, he said, a person from outside the state should be given the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth