Punjab: LCC scam hearing adjourned till May 22
Ludhiana: Hearing in the multi-crore
Ludhiana City Centre scam case, in which former Chief Minister
Amarinder Singh is an accused, was on Saturday adjourned by a local
court to May 22.
Sessions Judge S P Bangrah fixed the date after the
defence counsel concluded his arguments on the issue of
framing of charges against former local bodies minister Jagjit
The counsel referred to the recent contention of members
of the state assembly, including legislators of treasury
benches, in which they maintained that all the cases of
political vendetta should be withdrawn.
The defence counsel also said that the allegation that
his client received a sum of Rs one crore as bribe in this
case was false.
All the accused including Amarinder Singh, his son-in-law
Ramminder Singh and Jagjit Singh were present in the court.
However, the court had given exemption to Amarinder
Singh`s son Ranninder Singh from personal appearance in the
court for today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read