Punjab local body members to get computer training
Chandigarh: Punjab government would impart computer training to all newly-elected Sarpanches, Panches, Zila Parishad and Block Samiti members to enable them use technology in an efficient manner for day-to-day functioning.
The training would cover all aspects like functioning of e-Panchayats, online management of accounts, proper utilisation of manpower and machinery and usage of development schemes, an official release said here today.
It would also be beneficial for the newly-elected representative as it would apprise them about their rights and duties, it said, adding that the main motive of the programme is to make them more technology friendly.
The training to the Sarpanches and Panches would be imparted at the block level whereas training to Zila Parishad and Block Samiti members would be imparted at district or state level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it