Punjab local body members to get computer training
Chandigarh: Punjab government would impart computer training to all newly-elected Sarpanches, Panches, Zila Parishad and Block Samiti members to enable them use technology in an efficient manner for day-to-day functioning.
The training would cover all aspects like functioning of e-Panchayats, online management of accounts, proper utilisation of manpower and machinery and usage of development schemes, an official release said here today.
It would also be beneficial for the newly-elected representative as it would apprise them about their rights and duties, it said, adding that the main motive of the programme is to make them more technology friendly.
The training to the Sarpanches and Panches would be imparted at the block level whereas training to Zila Parishad and Block Samiti members would be imparted at district or state level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed