Punjab makes dope test mandatory for government jobs
Chandigarh: To curb incidence of people addicted to drugs joining state government service, the Punjab government Thursday announced that dope testing will be mandatory for recruitment to all departments under it.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Thursday gave his nod for making the clearance of a Dope Test mandatory during the recruitment process in all departments of the state government, a spokesman of the chief minister`s office said here.
Punjab is facing an acute problem with drug addiction, especially among the youth.
With the latest decision, those who fail the dope test will be debarred from joining government service.
Badal said necessary amendments must be made in the existing rules to incorporate necessary provisions to ensure that any person selected for government service must clear the dope test during medical tests.
The chief minister said this would not only encourage youths to shun the menace of drugs, it would also ensure that people who join government service are in good health.
"This is the need of the hour so as to combat the menace of drugs in a more effective manner," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday