Punjab militant gives slip to DP, 5 cops suspended
New Delhi: A Babbar Khalsa militant, who was
undergoing sentence in an attempt to murder case, escaped from
police custody in Punjab while being taken to a court from
Delhi`s Tihar jail, police sources said on Tuesday.
Police sources said five policemen who were accompanying
the militant were suspended.
Baljinder Singh, who is in his thirties, was taken to
Bhatinda on March 28 by a train and he managed to give Delhi
Police personnel a slip when they reached Jakhal railway
station, they said.
Singh was convicted for seven years imprisonment in an
attempt to murder case in Uttarakhand and was lodged in jail
number 8 for around three years.
Seven other cases are also pending against him and he was
taken to Bhatinda for a court hearing in conneciton with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi