Punjab militant gives slip to DP, 5 cops suspended
New Delhi: A Babbar Khalsa militant, who was
undergoing sentence in an attempt to murder case, escaped from
police custody in Punjab while being taken to a court from
Delhi`s Tihar jail, police sources said on Tuesday.
Police sources said five policemen who were accompanying
the militant were suspended.
Baljinder Singh, who is in his thirties, was taken to
Bhatinda on March 28 by a train and he managed to give Delhi
Police personnel a slip when they reached Jakhal railway
station, they said.
Singh was convicted for seven years imprisonment in an
attempt to murder case in Uttarakhand and was lodged in jail
number 8 for around three years.
Seven other cases are also pending against him and he was
taken to Bhatinda for a court hearing in conneciton with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars