Punjab militant gives slip to DP, 5 cops suspended
New Delhi: A Babbar Khalsa militant, who was
undergoing sentence in an attempt to murder case, escaped from
police custody in Punjab while being taken to a court from
Delhi`s Tihar jail, police sources said on Tuesday.
Police sources said five policemen who were accompanying
the militant were suspended.
Baljinder Singh, who is in his thirties, was taken to
Bhatinda on March 28 by a train and he managed to give Delhi
Police personnel a slip when they reached Jakhal railway
station, they said.
Singh was convicted for seven years imprisonment in an
attempt to murder case in Uttarakhand and was lodged in jail
number 8 for around three years.
Seven other cases are also pending against him and he was
taken to Bhatinda for a court hearing in conneciton with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'