Punjab militant gives slip to DP, 5 cops suspended
New Delhi: A Babbar Khalsa militant, who was
undergoing sentence in an attempt to murder case, escaped from
police custody in Punjab while being taken to a court from
Delhi`s Tihar jail, police sources said on Tuesday.
Police sources said five policemen who were accompanying
the militant were suspended.
Baljinder Singh, who is in his thirties, was taken to
Bhatinda on March 28 by a train and he managed to give Delhi
Police personnel a slip when they reached Jakhal railway
station, they said.
Singh was convicted for seven years imprisonment in an
attempt to murder case in Uttarakhand and was lodged in jail
number 8 for around three years.
Seven other cases are also pending against him and he was
taken to Bhatinda for a court hearing in conneciton with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress