Punjab minister slams Rahul for drug remarks
Ludhiana: Punjab minister and BJP leader Madan Mohan Mittal on Saturday said Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s remarks that 7 out of 10 youths in Punjab have a drug problem are derogatory in nature and demanded an apology from him.
"These remarks not only lack reality but are derogatory and defamatory for the youth of Punjab," Mittal told reporters here.
The health minister said the Congress general secretary must tender an unconditional apology and clarify what prompted him to issue such an "irresponsible statement".
On Thursday, Gandhi told a rally in Chandigarh "what is happening to human resources in Punjab. Seven out of 10 youths have the problem of drugs."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India