Punjab minister slams Rahul for drug remarks
Ludhiana: Punjab minister and BJP leader Madan Mohan Mittal on Saturday said Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s remarks that 7 out of 10 youths in Punjab have a drug problem are derogatory in nature and demanded an apology from him.
"These remarks not only lack reality but are derogatory and defamatory for the youth of Punjab," Mittal told reporters here.
The health minister said the Congress general secretary must tender an unconditional apology and clarify what prompted him to issue such an "irresponsible statement".
On Thursday, Gandhi told a rally in Chandigarh "what is happening to human resources in Punjab. Seven out of 10 youths have the problem of drugs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir