Punjab minister slams Rahul for drug remarks
Ludhiana: Punjab minister and BJP leader Madan Mohan Mittal on Saturday said Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s remarks that 7 out of 10 youths in Punjab have a drug problem are derogatory in nature and demanded an apology from him.
"These remarks not only lack reality but are derogatory and defamatory for the youth of Punjab," Mittal told reporters here.
The health minister said the Congress general secretary must tender an unconditional apology and clarify what prompted him to issue such an "irresponsible statement".
On Thursday, Gandhi told a rally in Chandigarh "what is happening to human resources in Punjab. Seven out of 10 youths have the problem of drugs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!