Punjab moots fast-track courts for rape cases
Amritsar: The SAD-BJP government will request the Punjab and Haryana High Court for setting up seven fast-track courts in Punjab for speedy trial of heinous crimes including rape, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said here on Sunday.
"The Punjab government will convey to the High Court that it is ready to provide all infrastructural support for setting up seven fast-track courts," he told reporters here.
"The state government will bear all expenses for the additional staff required for these courts," Badal said.
Police had to be provided scientific training in investigation and collection of evidence to ensure speedy justice to victims, the Deputy Chief Minister said.
Greeting Christians on the eve of Christmas, Badal said his government was fully committed to their welfare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 4 electric vehicles by 2020
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2016: Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII Exam Result 2016 declared
- Is ‘Junooniyat’, ‘Sanam Re 2’? Yami Gautam will tell you
- IPL 2016: Sunil Gavaskar thinks de Villiers is 'AB-CDE' - Find out why!
- Batla House encounter: Subramanian Swamy calls for NIA probe against Digvijay Singh