Punjab moots fast-track courts for rape cases
Amritsar: The SAD-BJP government will request the Punjab and Haryana High Court for setting up seven fast-track courts in Punjab for speedy trial of heinous crimes including rape, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said here on Sunday.
"The Punjab government will convey to the High Court that it is ready to provide all infrastructural support for setting up seven fast-track courts," he told reporters here.
"The state government will bear all expenses for the additional staff required for these courts," Badal said.
Police had to be provided scientific training in investigation and collection of evidence to ensure speedy justice to victims, the Deputy Chief Minister said.
Greeting Christians on the eve of Christmas, Badal said his government was fully committed to their welfare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday