Punjab needs third alternative: Manpreet
Anandpur Sahib: Former Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Sunday said a third political alternative was need of the hour in Punjab as both the Congress and the SAD had failed to live up to people`s expectations.
Addressing a gathering here, he promised to provide such an alternative to people of the state.
An announcement in this regard would be made at Khatkar Kalan, the birthplace of martyr Bhagat Singh, on March 23, said Manpreet who was expelled from the SAD recently.
Both the SAD and the Congress had ruled Punjab for the past 60 years but had failed to provide even basic amenities to the people, he said.
Due to their "poor governance", Punjab, once a number one state, had now slipped to the 26th position, Manpreet, an MLA, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir