Punjab needs third alternative: Manpreet
Anandpur Sahib: Former Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Sunday said a third political alternative was need of the hour in Punjab as both the Congress and the SAD had failed to live up to people`s expectations.
Addressing a gathering here, he promised to provide such an alternative to people of the state.
An announcement in this regard would be made at Khatkar Kalan, the birthplace of martyr Bhagat Singh, on March 23, said Manpreet who was expelled from the SAD recently.
Both the SAD and the Congress had ruled Punjab for the past 60 years but had failed to provide even basic amenities to the people, he said.
Due to their "poor governance", Punjab, once a number one state, had now slipped to the 26th position, Manpreet, an MLA, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test