Punjab needs third alternative: Manpreet
Anandpur Sahib: Former Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Sunday said a third political alternative was need of the hour in Punjab as both the Congress and the SAD had failed to live up to people`s expectations.
Addressing a gathering here, he promised to provide such an alternative to people of the state.
An announcement in this regard would be made at Khatkar Kalan, the birthplace of martyr Bhagat Singh, on March 23, said Manpreet who was expelled from the SAD recently.
Both the SAD and the Congress had ruled Punjab for the past 60 years but had failed to provide even basic amenities to the people, he said.
Due to their "poor governance", Punjab, once a number one state, had now slipped to the 26th position, Manpreet, an MLA, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress