Punjab needs third alternative: Manpreet
Anandpur Sahib: Former Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Sunday said a third political alternative was need of the hour in Punjab as both the Congress and the SAD had failed to live up to people`s expectations.
Addressing a gathering here, he promised to provide such an alternative to people of the state.
An announcement in this regard would be made at Khatkar Kalan, the birthplace of martyr Bhagat Singh, on March 23, said Manpreet who was expelled from the SAD recently.
Both the SAD and the Congress had ruled Punjab for the past 60 years but had failed to provide even basic amenities to the people, he said.
Due to their "poor governance", Punjab, once a number one state, had now slipped to the 26th position, Manpreet, an MLA, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read