Punjab official booked for diverting funds
Chandigarh: Punjab`s vigilance bureau Wednesday registered a case against the CEO of Viticulture Council of Punjab for irregular diversion of funds.
Chief director-cum-DGP of the Vigilance Bureau Suresh Arora said a criminal case has been registered against VS Chimni for diverting Rs.4 crore to the Punjab Council for Citrus and Agri-Juicing (CCAJ) for paying off a land lease overdue to the farmers without obtaining approval from the competent authority.
"Chimni has been booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act," Arora said.
The funds were transferred in August 2010 to the state citrus council. Chimni was the CEO of Viticulture Council of Punjab and Punjab CCAJ.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam