Punjab police acting as SAD workers: Congress
Patiala: Punjab Congress leader Sunil Jakhar on Saturday alleged the state police personnel were acting as "Akali workers in Khakhi uniform", following dictates of the Akali leaders.
Jakhar, Leader of Opposition in Punjab Assembly, was here to meet a former MLA Madan Lal Thekedar lodged in Patiala central jail for allegedly attacking a policewoman on Wednesday at Ghanaur during Nagar panchyat elections.
He was accompanied by Union minister Preneet Kaur and party Punjab vice president Laal Singh.
Jakhar told mediapersons outside the central jail that Thekedar was "falsely implicated" in the case.
He alleged "the order of Punjab and Haryana High Court to video-graph all polling booths was obstructed during elections at Ghanaur by the police at the behest of Akali leaders".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich attack: Facebook activates safety check tool
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- Blue hues to die for! Sonakshi Sinha is basking under Maldives sun- See pic
- Types of HIV carried by chimps can infect humans: Study
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch