Punjab police acting as SAD workers: Congress
Patiala: Punjab Congress leader Sunil Jakhar on Saturday alleged the state police personnel were acting as "Akali workers in Khakhi uniform", following dictates of the Akali leaders.
Jakhar, Leader of Opposition in Punjab Assembly, was here to meet a former MLA Madan Lal Thekedar lodged in Patiala central jail for allegedly attacking a policewoman on Wednesday at Ghanaur during Nagar panchyat elections.
He was accompanied by Union minister Preneet Kaur and party Punjab vice president Laal Singh.
Jakhar told mediapersons outside the central jail that Thekedar was "falsely implicated" in the case.
He alleged "the order of Punjab and Haryana High Court to video-graph all polling booths was obstructed during elections at Ghanaur by the police at the behest of Akali leaders".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra