Punjab Police arrest three smugglers
Tarn Taran: Punjab Police arrested three smugglers in Tarn Taran district and recovered two kg heroin from their possession, police said on Thursday.
The smugglers were intercepted on a highway following a tip-off. Police also recovered a 9 mm pistol, ammunition and a Pakistani SIM card from their possession.
The recovered heroin is valued at Rs 10 crore in the international market, police said.
Tarn Taran district is situated along the India-Pakistan border. The border belt is prone to heroin smuggling from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...