Punjab police ASI dies after scuffle with truck driver
Patiala: An Assistant Sub-Inspector of Punjab Police has died following a scuffle with a truck driver at upcoming campus of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law at Sidhuwal village of the district.
The incident took place on Friday night when ASI Ravinderpal Mangat, (37), signalled a speeding truck to stop at a check point near the campus. The truck driver, identified as Amandeep Singh, did not slow down the truck, following which the ASI chased the vehicle and dragged Singh out of the truck.
Thereafter, a scuffle broke out between the ASI and truck driver. Mangat lost consciousness after the driver allegedly hit him with an iron rod, police said.
He was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
The accused had been nabbed by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert