Punjab police geared up to counter naxal re-grouping: DGP
Pathankot: Punjab DGP PS Gill on Sunday said the state police has been geared up to counter any naxal re-grouping and terrorism will not be allowed resurface in the
As many as 5,000 policemen will be recruited shortly to streamline the police set up, Gill told reporters here.
Police officers at the SHO level have been told to be more accountable towards the problems of general public and all police stations will be fit with CCTV cameras shortly.
Gill said the Punjab police was closely monitoring the activities of Khalistani terrorists settled abroad and will not allow their nefarious designs to foment trouble in Punjab
He said that the recent reports about Naxals making extortion calls in the Malwa belt of the state was a cause of concern.
He, however said, Police is ready to counter any such elements resurfacing in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'