Punjab police geared up to counter naxal re-grouping: DGP
Pathankot: Punjab DGP PS Gill on Sunday said the state police has been geared up to counter any naxal re-grouping and terrorism will not be allowed resurface in the
As many as 5,000 policemen will be recruited shortly to streamline the police set up, Gill told reporters here.
Police officers at the SHO level have been told to be more accountable towards the problems of general public and all police stations will be fit with CCTV cameras shortly.
Gill said the Punjab police was closely monitoring the activities of Khalistani terrorists settled abroad and will not allow their nefarious designs to foment trouble in Punjab
He said that the recent reports about Naxals making extortion calls in the Malwa belt of the state was a cause of concern.
He, however said, Police is ready to counter any such elements resurfacing in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat
- How does smoke effect clouds in terms of climate? NASA flies to Africa to find out!
- Tamil Nadu cricketers picked for Duleep Trophy can play in TN Premier T20 League: BCCI
- Analysts, market participants hail RBI move on bond markets
- Scorpene submarines: Australian newspaper uploads new set of leaked documents on underwater warfare