Punjab Police keeping strict watch on suspected el
Amritsar: Punjab Police have prepared a dossier of 1,072 people, 27 of them allegedly having links with hardliners, a top police officer said Wednesday.
Police are keeping a vigil on all suspected elements who were once involved in unlawful activities but later joined the mainstream, ADGP (Law & Order) S K Sharma told reporters here.
Police have prepared a dossier of 1,072 people, 27 of them allegedly having links with hardliners or having sympathy with militant outfits, he said.
To a question, the ADGP ruled out revival of terrorism in Punjab.
Talking about militant outfit Babbar Khalsa, he said police were keeping a watch on elements suspected to have links with such outfits.
On frequent drug and arms seizure in border districts of the state, Sharma said it was all due to cross-border smuggling.
Such things were being pushed from Pakistan, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016