Punjab Police keeping strict watch on suspected el
Amritsar: Punjab Police have prepared a dossier of 1,072 people, 27 of them allegedly having links with hardliners, a top police officer said Wednesday.
Police are keeping a vigil on all suspected elements who were once involved in unlawful activities but later joined the mainstream, ADGP (Law & Order) S K Sharma told reporters here.
Police have prepared a dossier of 1,072 people, 27 of them allegedly having links with hardliners or having sympathy with militant outfits, he said.
To a question, the ADGP ruled out revival of terrorism in Punjab.
Talking about militant outfit Babbar Khalsa, he said police were keeping a watch on elements suspected to have links with such outfits.
On frequent drug and arms seizure in border districts of the state, Sharma said it was all due to cross-border smuggling.
Such things were being pushed from Pakistan, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof