Punjab Police keeping strict watch on suspected el
Amritsar: Punjab Police have prepared a dossier of 1,072 people, 27 of them allegedly having links with hardliners, a top police officer said Wednesday.
Police are keeping a vigil on all suspected elements who were once involved in unlawful activities but later joined the mainstream, ADGP (Law & Order) S K Sharma told reporters here.
Police have prepared a dossier of 1,072 people, 27 of them allegedly having links with hardliners or having sympathy with militant outfits, he said.
To a question, the ADGP ruled out revival of terrorism in Punjab.
Talking about militant outfit Babbar Khalsa, he said police were keeping a watch on elements suspected to have links with such outfits.
On frequent drug and arms seizure in border districts of the state, Sharma said it was all due to cross-border smuggling.
Such things were being pushed from Pakistan, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read