Punjab Police promote 4500 personnel
Chandigarh: In a morale boosting exercise,
the Punjab Police has promoted over 4,500 constables and
officers up to the rank of inspectors to remove stagnancy.
It was found that denial of timely promotions due to
various administrative hurdles like non-finalisation of
seniority lists was adversely affecting the morale of the
force, Punjab DGP P S Gill said here Tuesday.
"The focus was first to finalise seniority lists and then
methodically remove other hurdles... A special cell was
constituted to liaise with Personnel, Legal Remembrancer and
Advocate General office," he said.
The DGP said from January this year a total 494
sub-inspectors have been promoted as inspectors, out of which
387 promotions have been made in executive police and 104 such
promotions have been made in the armed police.
He informed that 835 ASIs have been promoted as
sub-inspectors, 1046 head constables as ASIs and 1600
constables have been made head constables.
He also said more promotions would be made in near
The DGP said State`s Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh
Badal had earlier asked Punjab Police to identify impediments
affecting the morale of the force and systematically remove
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?