Punjab poll manifesto ready: Amarinder
Chandigarh: Stating that corruption would be the main poll plank of Congress in the forthcoming Punjab polls, state party chief Amarinder Singh on Saturday said the party`s poll manifesto was ready and would be released soon.
"We are confident that we will sweep the polls and the
Akalis will be wiped out...our party`s poll manifesto is
ready. It had been earlier sent to Congress President Sonia
Gandhi who has forwarded it to the Finance Minister,"
Amarinder told reporters here.
He said that the manifesto was likely to be released
by Union Finance Minister Mukherjee.
Corruption would be the party`s important poll plank,
Amarinder said adding that SAD-BJP has failed on all fronts.
Amarinder said the Prime Minister will address two poll
meetings in the state when asked about campaigning by top
leadership of the party.
"Sonia ji will address three poll meetings while (Congress
General Secretary) Rahul Gandhi will give us three full days,
which means that he will address at least three election
meetings," he said adding the dates and venues were still
being worked out.
Amarinder said that he would also be actively campaigning
and would file his nomination from Patiala on January 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!