Punjab procures 110.50 lakh tonnes wheat
Chandigarh: Punjab has achieved a new benchmark in wheat procurement as various government agencies and private traders have together procured over 110.50 lakh tonnes wheat this year, an official said here Thursday.
Last year`s wheat procurement in Punjab was around 110 lakh tonnes. Besides, Rs. 12,178.91 crore payment has been made to Punjab farmers this year, he said.
"Total of 110,50,312 tonnes of wheat has been procured in Punjab this year. This procurement has been done by five government agencies of Punjab, the central government`s Food Corporation of India (FCI) and private traders," said an official spokesman of the state`s food and supplies department.
He added, "Farmers were given payment of their produce within 48 hours after lifting wheat. Total payment of Rs.12,178.91 crore has been made to the state farmers so far."
Of this procurement, government agencies have collected 110,26,230 tonnes of wheat (99.7 per cent) whereas private traders have procured 33,982 tonnes (0.3 per cent).
The spokesman said that Ferozepur district with 13.69 lakh tonnes was leading in procurement operations whereas Sangrur district (10.28 lakh tonnes) and Ludhiana district (8.61 lakh tonnes) were at second and third positions respectively.
The state government had set up 1,734 centres in the state for wheat procurement.
The neighbouring Haryana has so far recorded wheat procurement of over 68.71 lakh tonnes as compared to 63.61 lakh tonnes during last year.
"The wheat arrival in the state is still on and is likely to cross the mark of 69.24 lakh tonnes, the highest wheat arrival recorded in the year 2009," said an official spokesperson of Haryana government here Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow