Punjab raises Dearness Allowance by 12%
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Tuesday announced raising Dearness Allowance (DA) for state government employees and pensioners by 12 per cent with effect from January 1, 2012.
With the approval of Punjab Governor Shivraj V Patil, the rate of dearness allowance has been enhanced from 127 to 139 per cent of the unrevised basic pay with effect from January 1, 2012, said State Finance Minister Parminder Singh Dhindsa in a release.
Dhindsa said the whole amount on account of enhanced dearness allowance due for the period from January 1 to June 30, 2012 would be credited to the General Provident Fund (GPF) account of employees.
He said this amount would be deemed as additional amount in the GPF accounts and the interest on this amount would be payable from the first day of next month.
He said from July 1, 2012, enhanced dearness allowance would be paid in cash.
The Finance Minister said in case of pensioners, the entire amount on account of enhanced dearness allowance would be paid in cash with effect from January 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray