Punjab raises Dearness Allowance by 12%
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Tuesday announced raising Dearness Allowance (DA) for state government employees and pensioners by 12 per cent with effect from January 1, 2012.
With the approval of Punjab Governor Shivraj V Patil, the rate of dearness allowance has been enhanced from 127 to 139 per cent of the unrevised basic pay with effect from January 1, 2012, said State Finance Minister Parminder Singh Dhindsa in a release.
Dhindsa said the whole amount on account of enhanced dearness allowance due for the period from January 1 to June 30, 2012 would be credited to the General Provident Fund (GPF) account of employees.
He said this amount would be deemed as additional amount in the GPF accounts and the interest on this amount would be payable from the first day of next month.
He said from July 1, 2012, enhanced dearness allowance would be paid in cash.
The Finance Minister said in case of pensioners, the entire amount on account of enhanced dearness allowance would be paid in cash with effect from January 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest