Punjab SC commission urges PM to bring back Sarabjit to India
Chandigarh: Punjab Scheduled Caste (SC) Commission on Tuesday requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to act at the highest level to bring death row convict Sarabjit Singh, lying in coma in a Lahore hospital, to India for better treatment.
In a letter to the Prime Minister, Commission Chairman Rajesh Bagha said that the condition of Sarabjit, who belongs to the SC category, is "very critical".
The matter should be considered on humanitarian grounds and the Union government should ensure the return of Sarabjit to India, he said.
Bagha requested the Prime Minister to take up the matter with his counterpart in Pakistan and get the sentence of Sarabjit pardoned.
Meanwhile, prayer meetings for Sarabjit`s recovery were held at his native Bhikiwind village in Tarn Taran district and several other places across Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday