Punjab: School van hit by train, 5 students killed
Amritsar: In a tragic accident, five students were killed when a speeding mini local train rammed into their school bus at an unmanned railway crossing at Kot Mehtab Singh village near here on Monday.
The mini local train was moving from Beas Railway Station to Goindwal when it rammed into the school bus near Baba Bakala at Kot Mehtab Singh village, about 35 kms from here.
A rail bus is a single coach train shaped like a bus.
The injured passengers were shifted to a hospital being run by Radha Soami Sect at Beas.
The students were studying in the Sant Baba Majha Singh Karmjot Model School at Baba Bakala town and were in the age group of 12 to 14 years. More than 20 students were travelling in the bus.
The DSP said the rail bus was moving at a high speed which was against the norms
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez