Punjab: School van hit by train, 5 students killed
Amritsar: In a tragic accident, five students were killed when a speeding mini local train rammed into their school bus at an unmanned railway crossing at Kot Mehtab Singh village near here on Monday.
The mini local train was moving from Beas Railway Station to Goindwal when it rammed into the school bus near Baba Bakala at Kot Mehtab Singh village, about 35 kms from here.
A rail bus is a single coach train shaped like a bus.
The injured passengers were shifted to a hospital being run by Radha Soami Sect at Beas.
The students were studying in the Sant Baba Majha Singh Karmjot Model School at Baba Bakala town and were in the age group of 12 to 14 years. More than 20 students were travelling in the bus.
The DSP said the rail bus was moving at a high speed which was against the norms
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends