Punjab: School van hit by train, 5 students killed
Amritsar: In a tragic accident, five students were killed when a speeding mini local train rammed into their school bus at an unmanned railway crossing at Kot Mehtab Singh village near here on Monday.
The mini local train was moving from Beas Railway Station to Goindwal when it rammed into the school bus near Baba Bakala at Kot Mehtab Singh village, about 35 kms from here.
A rail bus is a single coach train shaped like a bus.
The injured passengers were shifted to a hospital being run by Radha Soami Sect at Beas.
The students were studying in the Sant Baba Majha Singh Karmjot Model School at Baba Bakala town and were in the age group of 12 to 14 years. More than 20 students were travelling in the bus.
The DSP said the rail bus was moving at a high speed which was against the norms
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report