Punjab: School van hit by train, 5 students killed
Amritsar: In a tragic accident, five students were killed when a speeding mini local train rammed into their school bus at an unmanned railway crossing at Kot Mehtab Singh village near here on Monday.
The mini local train was moving from Beas Railway Station to Goindwal when it rammed into the school bus near Baba Bakala at Kot Mehtab Singh village, about 35 kms from here.
A rail bus is a single coach train shaped like a bus.
The injured passengers were shifted to a hospital being run by Radha Soami Sect at Beas.
The students were studying in the Sant Baba Majha Singh Karmjot Model School at Baba Bakala town and were in the age group of 12 to 14 years. More than 20 students were travelling in the bus.
The DSP said the rail bus was moving at a high speed which was against the norms
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured