Punjab: School van hit by train, 5 students killed
Amritsar: In a tragic accident, five students were killed when a speeding mini local train rammed into their school bus at an unmanned railway crossing at Kot Mehtab Singh village near here on Monday.
The mini local train was moving from Beas Railway Station to Goindwal when it rammed into the school bus near Baba Bakala at Kot Mehtab Singh village, about 35 kms from here.
A rail bus is a single coach train shaped like a bus.
The injured passengers were shifted to a hospital being run by Radha Soami Sect at Beas.
The students were studying in the Sant Baba Majha Singh Karmjot Model School at Baba Bakala town and were in the age group of 12 to 14 years. More than 20 students were travelling in the bus.
The DSP said the rail bus was moving at a high speed which was against the norms
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!