Punjab scraps exams after ETT paper leak
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government on Thursday
scrapped the ongoing Elementary Teachers Training (ETT)
examinations, that had commenced on April 29, following paper
Punjab Education Minister Sewa Singh Sekhwan ordered
scrapping of the papers, an official release said here.
The Minister took the step after someone brought to his
notice that ETT question papers were available to some
candidates much before the scheduled examination time.
The release said the Minister had noticed that the
question paper of ETT exam to be held on May 11 at 2 pm was
available with some students in the morning itself.
Similarly, the question paper of examination to be held
today in the afternoon was available with the students hours
before its commencement.
Sekhwan has asked Sanjay Popli, Additional Secretary
Education, to hold an inquiry into the whole episode and
register criminal case against those found guilty.
He has also barred State Council of Education Research and
Training from holding the ETT exams till further orders.
Around 3,000 candidates are appearing in the exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%