Punjab: Sikh hardliner preacher arrested at Amritsar airport
Amritsar: Sikh hardliner Baba Baljit Singh Daduwal was detained on Tuesday by immigration staff at Guru Ramdas International Airport here as soon as he landed from UK in connection with a case in Haryana.
In the wake of a look-out circular issued by the Sirsa police for Daduwal, the preacher was detained at the airport this morning by the immigration staff, officials said here.
The Sikh preacher would be later handed over to the police for further investigation in the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday