Punjab: Sikh hardliner preacher arrested at Amritsar airport
Amritsar: Sikh hardliner Baba Baljit Singh Daduwal was detained on Tuesday by immigration staff at Guru Ramdas International Airport here as soon as he landed from UK in connection with a case in Haryana.
In the wake of a look-out circular issued by the Sirsa police for Daduwal, the preacher was detained at the airport this morning by the immigration staff, officials said here.
The Sikh preacher would be later handed over to the police for further investigation in the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in Mumbai, but BJP gains lead in Pune, Nashik