Punjab student dies in car crash in Australia
Patiala: A 22-year-old student from Punjab
has died in a car mishap in Perth in Australia.
The body of Bipranbir Singh, a resident of Hassanpur near
here, will arrive at his native village tomorrow. Bipranbir`s
marriage was fixed for September 18 and he was planning to
come here in August.
Bipranbir`s father Surjit Singh told a news agency that his son
went to Australia for higher studies in 2008. Bipranbir, who
was in Perth on a student visa for the past two years, met
with a mishap while on his way back home on May 28.
Bipranbir had won a gold medal in national school boxing
championship a few years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it