Punjab: Teenager chops off tongue to appease deity
Amritsar: A 17-year-old boy chopped off his
tongue in a temple, some 30-km from here, to propitiate the
presiding deity Goddess Chawenda Devi.
Baljit Singh, aged 17, who cut off his tongue, is a
regular visitor to the temple, family members and the priest
He was rushed to nearby hospital where his tongue was
stitched by a team of doctors who said Baljit`s condition was
Temple priest Brij Mohan first saw Baljit in a pool of
blood and raised an alarm.
The Free Ambulance Service of the Punjab government took
him to the hospital in a critical condition, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources