Punjab: Three cops killed in jeep-truck collision
Chandigarh: Three policemen, travelling in the escort vehicle of an MLA, were killed and an equal number sustained injuries, when their jeep collided with a truck in Punjab`s Barnana district.
The three cops who were killed were gunmen and were in the escort vehicle of Tarn Taran MLA, Harmeet Singh Sandhu, who was travelling ahead in another vehicle, Barnala SSP, Snehdeep Sharma said.
There was no fog in the area where the accident occurred last night, he said over phone.
The three others who sustained injuries were two constables and an ASI.
They were taken to DMC hospital in Ludhiana, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement