Punjab: Three cops killed in jeep-truck collision
Chandigarh: Three policemen, travelling in the escort vehicle of an MLA, were killed and an equal number sustained injuries, when their jeep collided with a truck in Punjab`s Barnana district.
The three cops who were killed were gunmen and were in the escort vehicle of Tarn Taran MLA, Harmeet Singh Sandhu, who was travelling ahead in another vehicle, Barnala SSP, Snehdeep Sharma said.
There was no fog in the area where the accident occurred last night, he said over phone.
The three others who sustained injuries were two constables and an ASI.
They were taken to DMC hospital in Ludhiana, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony