Punjab: Three cops killed in jeep-truck collision
Chandigarh: Three policemen, travelling in the escort vehicle of an MLA, were killed and an equal number sustained injuries, when their jeep collided with a truck in Punjab`s Barnana district.
The three cops who were killed were gunmen and were in the escort vehicle of Tarn Taran MLA, Harmeet Singh Sandhu, who was travelling ahead in another vehicle, Barnala SSP, Snehdeep Sharma said.
There was no fog in the area where the accident occurred last night, he said over phone.
The three others who sustained injuries were two constables and an ASI.
They were taken to DMC hospital in Ludhiana, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video