Punjab: Three cops killed in jeep-truck collision
Chandigarh: Three policemen, travelling in the escort vehicle of an MLA, were killed and an equal number sustained injuries, when their jeep collided with a truck in Punjab`s Barnana district.
The three cops who were killed were gunmen and were in the escort vehicle of Tarn Taran MLA, Harmeet Singh Sandhu, who was travelling ahead in another vehicle, Barnala SSP, Snehdeep Sharma said.
There was no fog in the area where the accident occurred last night, he said over phone.
The three others who sustained injuries were two constables and an ASI.
They were taken to DMC hospital in Ludhiana, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate