`Punjab to be made developed state in next 2 years`
Muktsar: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday said his government would make all efforts to transform the state into a developed one in the next two years.
"The state government is fully committed to fulfill the aspirations of the people who have given historic mandate in favour of the development policies and programmes of the SAD-BJP alliance government," he told a gathering in his home district.
To ensure the development of the state, the top brass of various departments have been directed to conduct a village-level survey in the state to know the needs of people, he said.
Badal said the state officials would reach out to the people to get their feedbacks in order to prepare a blueprint on development works that are to be completed.
Apart from maintaining law and order in the state, the government would focus on making the state power surplus, upgrading infrastructure in schools, providing portable water in all villages and constructing toilets in rural areas, he said.
The chief minister exhorted people to plant more trees so that environmental degradation could be checked.
Later, Badal told media that for ensuring proper quality in various development works, the state government has decided to get these works checked by officers who would be issuing quality certificates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why