`Punjab to be made developed state in next 2 years`
Muktsar: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday said his government would make all efforts to transform the state into a developed one in the next two years.
"The state government is fully committed to fulfill the aspirations of the people who have given historic mandate in favour of the development policies and programmes of the SAD-BJP alliance government," he told a gathering in his home district.
To ensure the development of the state, the top brass of various departments have been directed to conduct a village-level survey in the state to know the needs of people, he said.
Badal said the state officials would reach out to the people to get their feedbacks in order to prepare a blueprint on development works that are to be completed.
Apart from maintaining law and order in the state, the government would focus on making the state power surplus, upgrading infrastructure in schools, providing portable water in all villages and constructing toilets in rural areas, he said.
The chief minister exhorted people to plant more trees so that environmental degradation could be checked.
Later, Badal told media that for ensuring proper quality in various development works, the state government has decided to get these works checked by officers who would be issuing quality certificates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day