`Punjab to be made developed state in next 2 years`
Muktsar: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday said his government would make all efforts to transform the state into a developed one in the next two years.
"The state government is fully committed to fulfill the aspirations of the people who have given historic mandate in favour of the development policies and programmes of the SAD-BJP alliance government," he told a gathering in his home district.
To ensure the development of the state, the top brass of various departments have been directed to conduct a village-level survey in the state to know the needs of people, he said.
Badal said the state officials would reach out to the people to get their feedbacks in order to prepare a blueprint on development works that are to be completed.
Apart from maintaining law and order in the state, the government would focus on making the state power surplus, upgrading infrastructure in schools, providing portable water in all villages and constructing toilets in rural areas, he said.
The chief minister exhorted people to plant more trees so that environmental degradation could be checked.
Later, Badal told media that for ensuring proper quality in various development works, the state government has decided to get these works checked by officers who would be issuing quality certificates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'