Punjab to become hub for cancer treatment soon: Badal
Chandigarh: Underlining his government`s efforts in eradicating cancer, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said Punjab would emerge as a hub for treatment of cancer in the near future.
Presiding over a review meeting of ongoing projects aimed at eradicating cancer from Punjab with Tata Memorial Centre Director R A Badwe here, the Chief Minister said his government would offer full cooperation to TMC for imparting quality treatment for the disease in the state.
With the launching of these projects, he said Punjab would soon become a cancer-free state. During the meeting, Badal apprised the TMC team about efforts undertaken by the state government to upgrade the infrastructure for cancer treatment in government medical colleges in Amritsar, Faridkot and Patiala.
He said his government was helping cancer patients by informing them to avail medical benefits under the Mukh Mantri Punjab Cancer Rahat Kosh.
Badal said soon the cashless treatment for the disease would be available to patients under the scheme.
The Chief Minister sought Badwe`s support to provide ultra modern machinery to soon-to-be operational advance cancer hospital at Bathinda.
He said patients from not only Punjab but also from Haryana and Rajasthan were turning up to get quality treatment in the state.
Lauding efforts of the state government for cancer eradication, Badwe told the Chief Minister the TMC was setting up a cancer facility centre at the Civil Hospital, Sangrur, which would become operational soon.
He said the TMC would give specialised training to doctors through short-term courses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing