`Punjab to build 6 residential schools for meritorious students`
Chandigarh: The Punjab government will soon set up six smart residential schools for meritorious students, Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka said today.
The senior secondary schools will be set up at Bathinda, Mohali, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, and Ludhiana, the minister said, adding that students who score over 80 per cent marks in the matriculation would be eligible for admission to the schools.
The state government will run and manage the schools and all facilities will be provided to the students to enable them to compete in various fields and to develop their overall personality, Maluka said.
The schools will become functional from the next academic session, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users