`Punjab to build 6 residential schools for meritorious students`
Chandigarh: The Punjab government will soon set up six smart residential schools for meritorious students, Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka said today.
The senior secondary schools will be set up at Bathinda, Mohali, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, and Ludhiana, the minister said, adding that students who score over 80 per cent marks in the matriculation would be eligible for admission to the schools.
The state government will run and manage the schools and all facilities will be provided to the students to enable them to compete in various fields and to develop their overall personality, Maluka said.
The schools will become functional from the next academic session, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi