`Punjab to build 6 residential schools for meritorious students`
Chandigarh: The Punjab government will soon set up six smart residential schools for meritorious students, Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka said today.
The senior secondary schools will be set up at Bathinda, Mohali, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, and Ludhiana, the minister said, adding that students who score over 80 per cent marks in the matriculation would be eligible for admission to the schools.
The state government will run and manage the schools and all facilities will be provided to the students to enable them to compete in various fields and to develop their overall personality, Maluka said.
The schools will become functional from the next academic session, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination