Punjab to frame farm policy: Minister
Moga: The Punjab government would prepare a comprehensive agricultural policy with special focus on research and development to boost farm productivity, a state minister said on Saturday.
The SAD-BJP alliance would take all possible steps to raise the income of small farmers so that their debt burden could be reduced, state Agriculture Minister Tota Singh said.
He further said that free power to farmers would continue in the state.
"Our priority will also be to promote cooperative system which will lend farm equipment like tractor and paddy transplanters to small and marginal farmers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof