Punjab to frame farm policy: Minister
Moga: The Punjab government would prepare a comprehensive agricultural policy with special focus on research and development to boost farm productivity, a state minister said on Saturday.
The SAD-BJP alliance would take all possible steps to raise the income of small farmers so that their debt burden could be reduced, state Agriculture Minister Tota Singh said.
He further said that free power to farmers would continue in the state.
"Our priority will also be to promote cooperative system which will lend farm equipment like tractor and paddy transplanters to small and marginal farmers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH