Punjab to frame farm policy: Minister
Moga: The Punjab government would prepare a comprehensive agricultural policy with special focus on research and development to boost farm productivity, a state minister said on Saturday.
The SAD-BJP alliance would take all possible steps to raise the income of small farmers so that their debt burden could be reduced, state Agriculture Minister Tota Singh said.
He further said that free power to farmers would continue in the state.
"Our priority will also be to promote cooperative system which will lend farm equipment like tractor and paddy transplanters to small and marginal farmers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves