Punjab to frame farm policy: Minister
Moga: The Punjab government would prepare a comprehensive agricultural policy with special focus on research and development to boost farm productivity, a state minister said on Saturday.
The SAD-BJP alliance would take all possible steps to raise the income of small farmers so that their debt burden could be reduced, state Agriculture Minister Tota Singh said.
He further said that free power to farmers would continue in the state.
"Our priority will also be to promote cooperative system which will lend farm equipment like tractor and paddy transplanters to small and marginal farmers," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!