‘Punjab to have world class road infrastructure’
Chandigarh: Punjab Public Works Department Minister Sharanjit Singh Dhillon on Tuesday said his top priority would be to provide world class road infrastructure in the state.
After assuming charge of his ministry, Dhillon said the Quality Control Wing (QCW) of the Department would be made more active and accountable.
The Department would also soon initiate the process of recruitment of Junior Engineers and Sub Divisional Officers to overcome the shortage of staff besides bringing more efficiency in the work force, he said.
Immediately after wheat harvesting the illegal encroachments on the roadsides across the state would be removed, Dhillon said, adding, the SAD-BJP government got the mandate of people for its development agenda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra