‘Punjab to have world class road infrastructure’
Chandigarh: Punjab Public Works Department Minister Sharanjit Singh Dhillon on Tuesday said his top priority would be to provide world class road infrastructure in the state.
After assuming charge of his ministry, Dhillon said the Quality Control Wing (QCW) of the Department would be made more active and accountable.
The Department would also soon initiate the process of recruitment of Junior Engineers and Sub Divisional Officers to overcome the shortage of staff besides bringing more efficiency in the work force, he said.
Immediately after wheat harvesting the illegal encroachments on the roadsides across the state would be removed, Dhillon said, adding, the SAD-BJP government got the mandate of people for its development agenda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees