‘Punjab to have world class road infrastructure’
Chandigarh: Punjab Public Works Department Minister Sharanjit Singh Dhillon on Tuesday said his top priority would be to provide world class road infrastructure in the state.
After assuming charge of his ministry, Dhillon said the Quality Control Wing (QCW) of the Department would be made more active and accountable.
The Department would also soon initiate the process of recruitment of Junior Engineers and Sub Divisional Officers to overcome the shortage of staff besides bringing more efficiency in the work force, he said.
Immediately after wheat harvesting the illegal encroachments on the roadsides across the state would be removed, Dhillon said, adding, the SAD-BJP government got the mandate of people for its development agenda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog