Punjab to withdraw unauthorised security from VIPs
Chandigarh: VIPs and influential people flaunting police security in Punjab may have to shed some of it with Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday ordering that all "unauthorised" security personnel be withdrawn from them.
At a meeting of the Punjab Police top brass here on Monday, Sukhbir Badal, who is also the state`s home minister, took strong exception to unauthorised gunmen, beyond the sanctioned strength of the security wing, given to those under protection.
Badal asked Director General of Police (DGP) Sumedh Singh Saini to ensure that all unauthorised gunmen return to their units. He said the unit commanders should certify by Tuesday that they have not given any unauthorised gunmen to anyone.
Giving a strong warning to all district police chiefs (senior superintendents of police), Badal said it was their duty to maintain command and control and to keep all police officials under discipline.
"He said that he would not tolerate collusion of any police personnel in illegal possession of property, especially of NRIs, besides lodging of any false case against any innocent. He said that he has asked the DGP to shift out all SHOs/DSPs (station house officers/deputy superintendents of police) who were posted in district since last five years," a police spokesman said here.
"He said that no SSP (senior superintendent of police) would be allowed to take his baggage of favuorite SHOs/DSPs along with him on his transfer," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees