Punjab trader robbed of Rs.3.7 lakh, car at gunpoint
Hoshiarpur (Punjab): A trader was robbed of over Rs 370,000 in cash and his car by four armed men near this Punjab town early Thursday, police said.
The trader, accompanied by two workers, was heading towards the local timber market in Hoshiarpur, some 140 km away from state capital Chandigarh, when a Scorpio SUV blocked his Wagon-R car near Baghpura village.
One of the four men in the Scorpio threatened the trader with a pistol and forced the three men out, before speeding away with the car and cash, a police officer said.
"We have launched investigations in the case," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof