Punjab trader robbed of Rs.3.7 lakh, car at gunpoint
Hoshiarpur (Punjab): A trader was robbed of over Rs 370,000 in cash and his car by four armed men near this Punjab town early Thursday, police said.
The trader, accompanied by two workers, was heading towards the local timber market in Hoshiarpur, some 140 km away from state capital Chandigarh, when a Scorpio SUV blocked his Wagon-R car near Baghpura village.
One of the four men in the Scorpio threatened the trader with a pistol and forced the three men out, before speeding away with the car and cash, a police officer said.
"We have launched investigations in the case," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30