Punjab trader robbed of Rs.3.7 lakh, car at gunpoint
Hoshiarpur (Punjab): A trader was robbed of over Rs 370,000 in cash and his car by four armed men near this Punjab town early Thursday, police said.
The trader, accompanied by two workers, was heading towards the local timber market in Hoshiarpur, some 140 km away from state capital Chandigarh, when a Scorpio SUV blocked his Wagon-R car near Baghpura village.
One of the four men in the Scorpio threatened the trader with a pistol and forced the three men out, before speeding away with the car and cash, a police officer said.
"We have launched investigations in the case," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL