Punjab trader robbed of Rs.3.7 lakh, car at gunpoint
Hoshiarpur (Punjab): A trader was robbed of over Rs 370,000 in cash and his car by four armed men near this Punjab town early Thursday, police said.
The trader, accompanied by two workers, was heading towards the local timber market in Hoshiarpur, some 140 km away from state capital Chandigarh, when a Scorpio SUV blocked his Wagon-R car near Baghpura village.
One of the four men in the Scorpio threatened the trader with a pistol and forced the three men out, before speeding away with the car and cash, a police officer said.
"We have launched investigations in the case," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra