Punjab varsity to hold job fest
Chandigarh: The Punjab Technical University (PTU) is holding a job fair March 12-13 here, the first such event in collaboration with the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Thousands of students from nearly 300 colleges are expected to interact with companies.
According to university officials, over 25 companies have confirmed their participation.
"It will provide a wide range of opportunities to the students of PTU affiliated colleges," said dean A.P. Singh.
"Companies like Aegon Religare, Gates India, India Mart, Lupin, Maruti Suzuki, Pfizer India and RedAlkemi have confirmed their participation. The idea is to bridge the gap between recruiters and students from technical courses. Similar fest will also be organised in other Punjab cities."
Students pursuing courses in telecom, banking, insurance, hotel management, media, engineering and manufacturing can participate.
PTU was established in January 1997 to promote technical education. A total of 71 engineering and architecture colleges, 117 management and hotel management colleges and 32 pharmacy colleges are affiliated to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday