Punjab varsity to hold job fest
Chandigarh: The Punjab Technical University (PTU) is holding a job fair March 12-13 here, the first such event in collaboration with the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Thousands of students from nearly 300 colleges are expected to interact with companies.
According to university officials, over 25 companies have confirmed their participation.
"It will provide a wide range of opportunities to the students of PTU affiliated colleges," said dean A.P. Singh.
"Companies like Aegon Religare, Gates India, India Mart, Lupin, Maruti Suzuki, Pfizer India and RedAlkemi have confirmed their participation. The idea is to bridge the gap between recruiters and students from technical courses. Similar fest will also be organised in other Punjab cities."
Students pursuing courses in telecom, banking, insurance, hotel management, media, engineering and manufacturing can participate.
PTU was established in January 1997 to promote technical education. A total of 71 engineering and architecture colleges, 117 management and hotel management colleges and 32 pharmacy colleges are affiliated to it.
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!
- DU stops sale, distribution of book referring to Bhagat Singh as terrorist