Punjab vigilance bureau raids at civil hospitals
Chandigarh: The Punjab vigilance bureau detected several irregularities during a surprise check of emergency services at different civil hospitals across the state.
After receiving complaints about emergency medical services at various civil hospitals, the bureau constituted 12 special checking teams.
The special teams last night conducted surprise checking of emergency services at civil hospitals of Dera Bassi, Bassi Pathana, Samana, Sangrur, Mansa, Samrala, Abohar, Fatehgarh Sahib and Community Health Centre Ajnala, Chamkaur Sahib, Kartarpur and Tanda, Punjab`s Chief Director, Vigilance Bureau, Suresh Arora said here today.
Arora said that during the surprise checkings, some irregularities were found.
These included call registers not being properly maintained and in more than one emergency OPD, expired medicines were found in the emergency trays at many places.
Besides, ECG machines were not in working condition, life saving equipments were out of order in several ambulance vans and there was shortage of diesel, Arora informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa