Punjab vigilance bureau raids at civil hospitals
Chandigarh: The Punjab vigilance bureau detected several irregularities during a surprise check of emergency services at different civil hospitals across the state.
After receiving complaints about emergency medical services at various civil hospitals, the bureau constituted 12 special checking teams.
The special teams last night conducted surprise checking of emergency services at civil hospitals of Dera Bassi, Bassi Pathana, Samana, Sangrur, Mansa, Samrala, Abohar, Fatehgarh Sahib and Community Health Centre Ajnala, Chamkaur Sahib, Kartarpur and Tanda, Punjab`s Chief Director, Vigilance Bureau, Suresh Arora said here today.
Arora said that during the surprise checkings, some irregularities were found.
These included call registers not being properly maintained and in more than one emergency OPD, expired medicines were found in the emergency trays at many places.
Besides, ECG machines were not in working condition, life saving equipments were out of order in several ambulance vans and there was shortage of diesel, Arora informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad