Punjab vigilance probe mere eyewash: SC/ST Commission
Amritsar: Accusing the Punjab Vigilance Bureau of "wilfully" slowing the pace of probe into the financial bungling in rural development funds, the National Commission for SC/ST Tuesday gave it a month time to wind up the investigation.
"Otherwise the commission would urge the CBI to investigate the matter," said Raj Kumar Verka, chairman of the Commission.
Sarabdyal Singh, the personal assistant of former Animal Husbandry Minister Gulzar Singh Ranike is on run and wanted by police since the scam of border area grants surfaced three months back.
The case was transferred to VB after the resignation of Ranike few weeks back.
The latest investigation indicate that accused Sarabdyal Singh allegedly embezzled nearly Rs 4 crore by encashing 12 cheques meant for development works in Attari constituency through dummy bank accounts.
Talking to the media here today, chairman of the Commission accused VB of "wilfully slowing the pace of investigation process to extend favour to accused."
Verka described the ongoing investigation as a mere eyewash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?