Punjab vigilance probe mere eyewash: SC/ST Commission
Amritsar: Accusing the Punjab Vigilance Bureau of "wilfully" slowing the pace of probe into the financial bungling in rural development funds, the National Commission for SC/ST Tuesday gave it a month time to wind up the investigation.
"Otherwise the commission would urge the CBI to investigate the matter," said Raj Kumar Verka, chairman of the Commission.
Sarabdyal Singh, the personal assistant of former Animal Husbandry Minister Gulzar Singh Ranike is on run and wanted by police since the scam of border area grants surfaced three months back.
The case was transferred to VB after the resignation of Ranike few weeks back.
The latest investigation indicate that accused Sarabdyal Singh allegedly embezzled nearly Rs 4 crore by encashing 12 cheques meant for development works in Attari constituency through dummy bank accounts.
Talking to the media here today, chairman of the Commission accused VB of "wilfully slowing the pace of investigation process to extend favour to accused."
Verka described the ongoing investigation as a mere eyewash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?