Punjab will get more funds if Modi becomes PM, says Badal
Dhuri (Pb): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said that the state would get more funds and centrally-sponsored projects for its overall development if BJP`s Narendra Modi became Prime Minister after the upcoming General Elections.
The entire BJP leadership and Gujarat Chief Minister Modi especially, had a "pro-Punjab stance which would help the state usher in an era of unprecedented development," Badal said at a function here.
Urging people to ensure that the SAD-BJP alliance swept all the 13 Lok Sabha seats in the state, Badal said, "The need of the hour is to show UPA the door at the Centre."
Badal has often accused successive Congress governments at the Centre of meting out step-motherly treatment to Punjab.
Lashing out at the Congress-led UPA government, Badal said that under it, the country was grappling with a large number of problems like unemployment, illiteracy and poverty.
Skyrocketing prices of essential commodities coupled with the "regressive policies" of the Centre was now adding to the woes of the people, he alleged.
Taking a dig at the state Congress leadership, Badal alleged that bereft of any issue against the SAD-BJP government, the Opposition party`s leaders had unleashed a malicious campaign regarding Punjab`s financial position.
He reiterated that the fiscal condition of the state was sound enough to meet the day-to-day expenses of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP