Punjab will get more funds if Modi becomes PM, says Badal
Dhuri (Pb): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said that the state would get more funds and centrally-sponsored projects for its overall development if BJP`s Narendra Modi became Prime Minister after the upcoming General Elections.
The entire BJP leadership and Gujarat Chief Minister Modi especially, had a "pro-Punjab stance which would help the state usher in an era of unprecedented development," Badal said at a function here.
Urging people to ensure that the SAD-BJP alliance swept all the 13 Lok Sabha seats in the state, Badal said, "The need of the hour is to show UPA the door at the Centre."
Badal has often accused successive Congress governments at the Centre of meting out step-motherly treatment to Punjab.
Lashing out at the Congress-led UPA government, Badal said that under it, the country was grappling with a large number of problems like unemployment, illiteracy and poverty.
Skyrocketing prices of essential commodities coupled with the "regressive policies" of the Centre was now adding to the woes of the people, he alleged.
Taking a dig at the state Congress leadership, Badal alleged that bereft of any issue against the SAD-BJP government, the Opposition party`s leaders had unleashed a malicious campaign regarding Punjab`s financial position.
He reiterated that the fiscal condition of the state was sound enough to meet the day-to-day expenses of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets