Punjabi Univ asked to fill seats reserved for SCs
Chandigarh: The Punjab State Scheduled Castes Commission today directed Punjabi University, Patiala to fill all vacant seats reserved for Scheduled Castes (SCs), within six months.
Presiding over a meeting with university authorities, chairman of the Commission Rajesh Bagha, directed the authorities to clear the backlog in filling of seats reserved for SCs at the earliest.
He also asked the authorities not to charge admission fee and others funds from students (studying in colleges affiliated with Punjabi University) belonging to the SC community under the post-matric scholarship scheme.
Bagha also asked the university Registrar to ensure implementation of scholarship scheme for SC students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says