Punjabi Univ asked to fill seats reserved for SCs
Chandigarh: The Punjab State Scheduled Castes Commission today directed Punjabi University, Patiala to fill all vacant seats reserved for Scheduled Castes (SCs), within six months.
Presiding over a meeting with university authorities, chairman of the Commission Rajesh Bagha, directed the authorities to clear the backlog in filling of seats reserved for SCs at the earliest.
He also asked the authorities not to charge admission fee and others funds from students (studying in colleges affiliated with Punjabi University) belonging to the SC community under the post-matric scholarship scheme.
Bagha also asked the university Registrar to ensure implementation of scholarship scheme for SC students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash