Punjabi Univ asked to fill seats reserved for SCs
Chandigarh: The Punjab State Scheduled Castes Commission today directed Punjabi University, Patiala to fill all vacant seats reserved for Scheduled Castes (SCs), within six months.
Presiding over a meeting with university authorities, chairman of the Commission Rajesh Bagha, directed the authorities to clear the backlog in filling of seats reserved for SCs at the earliest.
He also asked the authorities not to charge admission fee and others funds from students (studying in colleges affiliated with Punjabi University) belonging to the SC community under the post-matric scholarship scheme.
Bagha also asked the university Registrar to ensure implementation of scholarship scheme for SC students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official