Punjabi Univ asked to fill seats reserved for SCs
Chandigarh: The Punjab State Scheduled Castes Commission today directed Punjabi University, Patiala to fill all vacant seats reserved for Scheduled Castes (SCs), within six months.
Presiding over a meeting with university authorities, chairman of the Commission Rajesh Bagha, directed the authorities to clear the backlog in filling of seats reserved for SCs at the earliest.
He also asked the authorities not to charge admission fee and others funds from students (studying in colleges affiliated with Punjabi University) belonging to the SC community under the post-matric scholarship scheme.
Bagha also asked the university Registrar to ensure implementation of scholarship scheme for SC students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US