Punjabi Univ asked to fill seats reserved for SCs
Chandigarh: The Punjab State Scheduled Castes Commission today directed Punjabi University, Patiala to fill all vacant seats reserved for Scheduled Castes (SCs), within six months.
Presiding over a meeting with university authorities, chairman of the Commission Rajesh Bagha, directed the authorities to clear the backlog in filling of seats reserved for SCs at the earliest.
He also asked the authorities not to charge admission fee and others funds from students (studying in colleges affiliated with Punjabi University) belonging to the SC community under the post-matric scholarship scheme.
Bagha also asked the university Registrar to ensure implementation of scholarship scheme for SC students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP