Rahul Gandhi a novice, no match to Narendra Modi: Badal
Shahkot: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is a novice in public life and is hardly any match to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said on Wednesday.
The country`s Prime Minister should be a "learned personality with varied administrative and public experience", he told reporters here.
"It is a fact that Rahul Gandhi lacks these. He is a novice in public life," Badal said after inaugurating an administrative complex.
It is not possible for such a person to shoulder the huge responsibility of serving the nation, he said.
"Modi has proved his mettle time and again as an able administrator by taking the state of Gujarat on the path to progress," Badal said.
Earlier addressing a public rally, the Chief Minister slammed Congress vice-president Rahul and party head Sonia Gandhi.
"The nation is facing external and internal crisis. But both Sonia Gandhi and Rahul are not even aware about the basic topography of the nation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 16 Taliban militants killed in US drone strike
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi
- Jacqueline Fernandez dusts down rumours on doing 'Don 3'!
- Hurrah! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' got cleared by CBFC with NO CUTS!
- Here's what Aishwarya Rai has to say about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' co-actor Ranbir Kapoor!