Rahul Gandhi to address Punjab rally on October 10
Chandigarh: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will address a public rally in Punjab`s Sangrur town on October 10, party leaders said here on Sunday.
Top leaders of the Punjab Congress, including state Congress president Pratap Singh Bajwa and Congress MP from Sangrur, Vijay Inder Singla, are all set to ensure that the attendance at the rally is good.
Congress leaders have taken a 20-acre agricultural land on rent from a farmer to enable a large crowd to gather at the site.
The faction-ridden Punjab Congress is expected to unite, though Congress sources said there was no certainty over whether former chief minister Amarinder Singh would attend the event.
Rahul Gandhi will also attend a function at Sangrur with union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, to lay the foundation stone of a 500-bed satellite centre of the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
Punjab has a Shiromani Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party alliance government since 2007.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals