Rahul Gandhi to address Punjab rally on October 10
Chandigarh: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will address a public rally in Punjab`s Sangrur town on October 10, party leaders said here on Sunday.
Top leaders of the Punjab Congress, including state Congress president Pratap Singh Bajwa and Congress MP from Sangrur, Vijay Inder Singla, are all set to ensure that the attendance at the rally is good.
Congress leaders have taken a 20-acre agricultural land on rent from a farmer to enable a large crowd to gather at the site.
The faction-ridden Punjab Congress is expected to unite, though Congress sources said there was no certainty over whether former chief minister Amarinder Singh would attend the event.
Rahul Gandhi will also attend a function at Sangrur with union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, to lay the foundation stone of a 500-bed satellite centre of the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
Punjab has a Shiromani Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party alliance government since 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack