Rahul Gandhi to visit Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala next month
Chandigarh: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will be on a two-day visit to Punjab next month during which he will be interacting with a cross-section of people including party workers, office bearers, MLAs and MPs, State Congress President Amarinder Singh said today.
He said that Rahul will be visiting Amritsar, Jalandhar and Patiala during his tour of the state on October 10-11.
Singh said, being Rahul`s first visit to the state after Congress lost at the hustings in January Assembly polls this year, the young MP will be interacting with a cross-section of people, including party workers.
The PCC President in a release here said that he has also constituted a state-level committee headed by him and three separate committees for Amritsar, Jalandhar and Patiala in view of Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Punjab.
The programme has been chalked out in such a way that he (Rahul) will be able to meet all the office bearers, Singh said.
In Amritsar, he will be meeting the block and district presidents. At Jalandhar, he is scheduled to meet all the members of local bodies, including the municipal corporations, municipal committees and Zila Parishads, while at Patiala he will be meeting the party MPs, MLAs and those who contested the elections in 2009 (Lok Sabha) and 2012 (the assembly)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened