Rahul Gandhi to visit Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala next month
Chandigarh: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will be on a two-day visit to Punjab next month during which he will be interacting with a cross-section of people including party workers, office bearers, MLAs and MPs, State Congress President Amarinder Singh said today.
He said that Rahul will be visiting Amritsar, Jalandhar and Patiala during his tour of the state on October 10-11.
Singh said, being Rahul`s first visit to the state after Congress lost at the hustings in January Assembly polls this year, the young MP will be interacting with a cross-section of people, including party workers.
The PCC President in a release here said that he has also constituted a state-level committee headed by him and three separate committees for Amritsar, Jalandhar and Patiala in view of Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Punjab.
The programme has been chalked out in such a way that he (Rahul) will be able to meet all the office bearers, Singh said.
In Amritsar, he will be meeting the block and district presidents. At Jalandhar, he is scheduled to meet all the members of local bodies, including the municipal corporations, municipal committees and Zila Parishads, while at Patiala he will be meeting the party MPs, MLAs and those who contested the elections in 2009 (Lok Sabha) and 2012 (the assembly)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India