Rahul spends night at Yadvindra Gardens after Indo-Pak match
Chandigarh: After watching the high-voltage
India-Pakistan cricket World Cup match semi-final in Mohali, Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi spent some quiet moments on the outskirts of this city.
After yesterday`s match, which India won by 29 runs, the
Nehru-Gandhi scion headed to Yadvindra Gardens in Pinjore,
about 23 km from here, on the Shimla highway.
Rahul, whose private visit to Pinjore was kept under
wraps, spend the night there.
He was offered the "Maharaja suite" in the Mughal garden,
which is full of mango trees and famous among tourists for its
fountains and scenic look with hills in the backdrop, however,
he declined saying he wanted to sleep in a regular room, an
The official further said Rahul then settled in a
semi-deluxe double-bed accommodation with a room tariff of Rs
Dressed in a sky-blue T-shirt and blue denims, Rahul took
a round of the garden this morning.
Having left shortly before noon, Rahul signed off in the
visitor register mentioning that he had a "great stay".
Last night, Haryana Police and tourism officials had
swung into action after getting information that Rahul Gandhi
would be staying at the Pinjore Garden.
Yesterday, the Congress leader had entered the PCA
stadium at Mohali, about 11 km from here, for the second time
during the semi-final match.
Surrounded by the SPG and Punjab Police personnel, he
came back to the stand during the 37th over of Pakistan
Earlier, he had entered the North Pavilion of the 27,500
capacity stadium from gate number seven at around six pm.
The Congress leader also mingled with a few spectators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31