Rahul spends night at Yadvindra Gardens after Indo-Pak match
Chandigarh: After watching the high-voltage
India-Pakistan cricket World Cup match semi-final in Mohali, Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi spent some quiet moments on the outskirts of this city.
After yesterday`s match, which India won by 29 runs, the
Nehru-Gandhi scion headed to Yadvindra Gardens in Pinjore,
about 23 km from here, on the Shimla highway.
Rahul, whose private visit to Pinjore was kept under
wraps, spend the night there.
He was offered the "Maharaja suite" in the Mughal garden,
which is full of mango trees and famous among tourists for its
fountains and scenic look with hills in the backdrop, however,
he declined saying he wanted to sleep in a regular room, an
The official further said Rahul then settled in a
semi-deluxe double-bed accommodation with a room tariff of Rs
Dressed in a sky-blue T-shirt and blue denims, Rahul took
a round of the garden this morning.
Having left shortly before noon, Rahul signed off in the
visitor register mentioning that he had a "great stay".
Last night, Haryana Police and tourism officials had
swung into action after getting information that Rahul Gandhi
would be staying at the Pinjore Garden.
Yesterday, the Congress leader had entered the PCA
stadium at Mohali, about 11 km from here, for the second time
during the semi-final match.
Surrounded by the SPG and Punjab Police personnel, he
came back to the stand during the 37th over of Pakistan
Earlier, he had entered the North Pavilion of the 27,500
capacity stadium from gate number seven at around six pm.
The Congress leader also mingled with a few spectators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'