Rahul`s Oct 10 visit will boost party in state: Punjab Congress
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress on Saturday stated that the proposed visit of party vice-president Rahul Gandhi to the state on October 10 would boost their prospects ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
In a statement here today, Punjab Congress spokesman Rajanbir Singh said Rahul represents the young face of the Congress with his progressive policies.
Rahul would address a public meeting at Sangrur on October 10, he said. Rejecting the ordinance on convicted lawmakers Rahul had proved that he was against corruption and criminalisation of politics, Singh said, adding the Congress state unit was gearing up for the Lok Sabha elections and it would give a tough fight to the Akali Dal-BJP combine in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway