Rahul`s Oct 10 visit will boost party in state: Punjab Congress
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress on Saturday stated that the proposed visit of party vice-president Rahul Gandhi to the state on October 10 would boost their prospects ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
In a statement here today, Punjab Congress spokesman Rajanbir Singh said Rahul represents the young face of the Congress with his progressive policies.
Rahul would address a public meeting at Sangrur on October 10, he said. Rejecting the ordinance on convicted lawmakers Rahul had proved that he was against corruption and criminalisation of politics, Singh said, adding the Congress state unit was gearing up for the Lok Sabha elections and it would give a tough fight to the Akali Dal-BJP combine in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued