Rahul`s Oct 10 visit will boost party in state: Punjab Congress
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress on Saturday stated that the proposed visit of party vice-president Rahul Gandhi to the state on October 10 would boost their prospects ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
In a statement here today, Punjab Congress spokesman Rajanbir Singh said Rahul represents the young face of the Congress with his progressive policies.
Rahul would address a public meeting at Sangrur on October 10, he said. Rejecting the ordinance on convicted lawmakers Rahul had proved that he was against corruption and criminalisation of politics, Singh said, adding the Congress state unit was gearing up for the Lok Sabha elections and it would give a tough fight to the Akali Dal-BJP combine in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'