Rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Widespread moderate to heavy rainfall lashed several parts of Punjab and Haryana on day plummeting the day temperatures sharply in the region.
While Karnal received 121 mm of rainfall, Rohtak was drenched by 74.6 mm of rains, the Met office said here.
Besides, Patiala had 18.2 mm of rains followed by 16.5 mm at Ambala, 14.4 mm at Nangal Dam, 10 mm Bhiwani, 2.5 mm Chandigarh and 0.2 mm Hisar.
The rains helped in improving weather conditions in the two agrarian states and is also considered beneficial for paddy crop, the officials said here.
The Met has forecast moderate to rather heavy rainfall at few places in Punjab and most areas in Haryana during the next 24 hours.
Haryana has received a total of 1,263 mm rainfall today with Gohana in district Sonepat receiving 110 mm rainfall and Pataudi in district Gurgaon, Hansi in district Hisar, Narnaul and Khol in district Rewari each receiving a minimum of one mm rainfall in the state.
As per a report issued by the Meteorological Department, the state has so far received a total rainfall of 17778.6 mm since July 1, 2012.
The highest rainfall of 701 mm has been recorded in Gurgaon and the lowest rainfall of 11 mm in Ferozepur Jhirka in district Mewat during the same period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!