Rains elude Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains remained elusive from most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Friday raising the humidity levels even as maximum temperatures settled below normal limits in the region.
The maximum temperature in most parts of Punjab and Haryana hovered between one to three degrees Celsius below normal, the Met office said here.
Barring Chandigarh which received one mm of rainfall, most parts of both the states had no rainfall.
However, the Met officials forecast light to moderate rainfall will occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana during the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, Bhiwani was the hottest place in the region with a high of 36 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar settled at a high of 35.2 degrees C, the maximum temperature at Ambala and Hisar was identical 34.6 deg C, three notches below normal.
Chandigarh had a high of 34.3 deg Celsius, one notch below normal followed by 34.2 deg C at Ludhiana, one notch below normal and 33.8 deg C at Patiala.
The humidity levels ranged between 85 to 95 per cent in the region adding to the woes of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day