Rains elude Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains remained elusive from most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Friday raising the humidity levels even as maximum temperatures settled below normal limits in the region.
The maximum temperature in most parts of Punjab and Haryana hovered between one to three degrees Celsius below normal, the Met office said here.
Barring Chandigarh which received one mm of rainfall, most parts of both the states had no rainfall.
However, the Met officials forecast light to moderate rainfall will occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana during the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, Bhiwani was the hottest place in the region with a high of 36 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar settled at a high of 35.2 degrees C, the maximum temperature at Ambala and Hisar was identical 34.6 deg C, three notches below normal.
Chandigarh had a high of 34.3 deg Celsius, one notch below normal followed by 34.2 deg C at Ludhiana, one notch below normal and 33.8 deg C at Patiala.
The humidity levels ranged between 85 to 95 per cent in the region adding to the woes of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on