Rains in Punjab, Haryana bring down mercury
Chandigarh: Rains in several parts of Punjab and Haryana on Monday led to drop in temperatures to below normal level and raised humidity in the region. Amritsar was drenched by 29.6 mm rainfall while Ludhiana received 0.2 mm rains overnight and in morning, the MeT office said.
In Haryana, Narnaul received 23 mm of rains followed by 1.1 mm at Ambala and 0.1 mm each at Bhiwani and Hisar.
Chandigarh received 2.1 mm of rainfall.
Rain waters inundated all low-lying areas in the region and improved the power situation in the twin agrarian states, MeT officials said.
Following the rain, maximum temperatures fell by up to five notches in the region, settling below normal limits, and the humidity levels touched up to 85 per cent.
The Met has forecast moderate to heavy rains at some places in the region in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list