Rains in Punjab, Haryana bring down mercury
Chandigarh: Rains in several parts of Punjab and Haryana on Monday led to drop in temperatures to below normal level and raised humidity in the region. Amritsar was drenched by 29.6 mm rainfall while Ludhiana received 0.2 mm rains overnight and in morning, the MeT office said.
In Haryana, Narnaul received 23 mm of rains followed by 1.1 mm at Ambala and 0.1 mm each at Bhiwani and Hisar.
Chandigarh received 2.1 mm of rainfall.
Rain waters inundated all low-lying areas in the region and improved the power situation in the twin agrarian states, MeT officials said.
Following the rain, maximum temperatures fell by up to five notches in the region, settling below normal limits, and the humidity levels touched up to 85 per cent.
The Met has forecast moderate to heavy rains at some places in the region in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing