Rains in Punjab, Haryana bring down mercury
Chandigarh: Rains in several parts of Punjab and Haryana on Monday led to drop in temperatures to below normal level and raised humidity in the region. Amritsar was drenched by 29.6 mm rainfall while Ludhiana received 0.2 mm rains overnight and in morning, the MeT office said.
In Haryana, Narnaul received 23 mm of rains followed by 1.1 mm at Ambala and 0.1 mm each at Bhiwani and Hisar.
Chandigarh received 2.1 mm of rainfall.
Rain waters inundated all low-lying areas in the region and improved the power situation in the twin agrarian states, MeT officials said.
Following the rain, maximum temperatures fell by up to five notches in the region, settling below normal limits, and the humidity levels touched up to 85 per cent.
The Met has forecast moderate to heavy rains at some places in the region in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?