Rains lash many places in Punjab, Haryana; farmers worried
Chandigarh: Rains lashed many places in Punjab and Haryana including Chandigarh today, increasing the woes of farmers who fear damage to wheat crop.
According to the MeT office here, rains lashed Chandigarh, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Ropar, Mohali, Phagwara and Nawanshahr among other places in Punjab.
In Haryana, rains lashed Panchkula, Ambala, Hisar, Kurukshetra and Karnal among other places.
The rains, which are unusual during this time of the year for Punjab and Haryana, were caused by western disturbances.
The unseasonal rains delayed harvesting of wheat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself