Rains lash many places in Punjab, Haryana; farmers worried
Chandigarh: Rains lashed many places in Punjab and Haryana including Chandigarh today, increasing the woes of farmers who fear damage to wheat crop.
According to the MeT office here, rains lashed Chandigarh, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Ropar, Mohali, Phagwara and Nawanshahr among other places in Punjab.
In Haryana, rains lashed Panchkula, Ambala, Hisar, Kurukshetra and Karnal among other places.
The rains, which are unusual during this time of the year for Punjab and Haryana, were caused by western disturbances.
The unseasonal rains delayed harvesting of wheat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside
- ED slaps case against BS Hooda and Associated Journal Ltd under PMLA
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid